Monday, March 10, 2008

the grippe

I was supposed to run the St. Pats 8K this weekend, but instead I spent it sick in bed. (Somehow that seems extra pathetic from an opportunity-cost perspective, no?) Grumble grumble. In fact, I'm pretty sure the very minute I clicked submit to pay the (non-refundable) entry fee for the race was the instant the offending germs invaded my system. Stupid germs.

Anecdotally, it seems to have been an especially brutal flu season. My co-workers were all out at various points. At any rate, I got it bad -- hacking cough, rivers of phlegm, intense exhaustion such that I have to take a nap every few hours. And of course, I was dumb and tried to 'work' through it. Now a week later, I'm finally starting to feel a little bit better. Hope everyone else avoided the worst of it. Here's to spring and daylight savings banishing all such infectious diseases!

No comments: